The Wildwoods, NJ (July 2, 2013) – Today, as part of the opening celebrations of Morey’s Piers’ newest attraction artBOX, 11 year-old celebrity artist Autumn de Forest unveiled a giant replica of a tribute painting she created to honor the rebuilding efforts after Superstorm Sandy.
Joined by Jack and Will Morey, Autumn signaled a crane to reveal the 8’ x 30’ commemorative piece of art displayed on artBOX’s vertical shipping container. Coinciding with Autumn’s exhibition at Ocean Galleries in Stone Harbor, NJ, the original painting will be auctioned with 100% of the proceeds going to the Hurricane Sandy NJ Relief Fund. During the event, Will Morey read a letter from Governor Chris Christie thanking Autumn for the beautiful and generous donation.
Morey’s Piers, located on the boardwalk in the Wildwoods, NJ, embarked on new artistic journey this summer with the introduction of artBOX, a 10,000 square foot interactive artists’ colony crafted from 11 re-purposed shipping containers featuring five local artist studios, a café serving fresh sushi, a museum shop, and live musical entertainment.
A cultivated departure from the traditional seaside amusement park offering, artBOX has “curated” a selection of handpicked local and regional artists to bring texture to the visitor pier experience this summer from showcasing paintings and handmade crafts to live demonstrations that include surf art, glass blowing, artisanal jewelry and speed painting. Guests will enjoy live, nightly musical performances by the School of Rock, starting late June through August.
Located on Adventure Pier at Spencer Avenue and the Boardwalk, the shipping container colony also includes the Exit Zero Museum Shop featuring quirky amusement artifacts, nostalgic memorabilia and an eclectic array of retail merchandise, and Tokyo 4B [the ART of Sushi], a café serving a variety of fresh sushi. Menu items include Seared Ahi Tuna, California Rolls, Spicy Tuna Rolls, and specialties such as the Ocean Roll featuring spicy crab meat topped with lobster.
artBOX is open to the public daily from 4:00pm to midnight. For more information on Morey’s Piers, visit www.moreyspiers.com.
- About Autumn
- Press & Media
- Turnaround Arts
- Contact & Inquiries
- Meet art prodigy Autumn de Forest, 14, who has sold $7M of paintingsAugust 8, 2016 - 1:58 am
- 14-year-old internationally acclaimed artist returns to Stone HarborAugust 3, 2016 - 1:20 am
- Child Prodigy, Autumn de Forest, Returns to Stone Harbor, NJJuly 7, 2016 - 1:02 am
- Ocean Galleries Presents “Autumn de Forest – The Journey Continues”July 6, 2016 - 1:05 am
- 14 Year Old Artist at Butler, Meet Autumn de ForestJune 20, 2016 - 9:09 pm
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- March 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- February 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- Meet art prodigy Autumn de Forest, 14, who has sold $7M...August 8, 2016 - 1:58 am
- 14-year-old internationally acclaimed artist returns to...August 3, 2016 - 1:20 am
- Child Prodigy, Autumn de Forest, Returns to Stone Harbor,...July 7, 2016 - 1:02 am
- Ocean Galleries Presents “Autumn de Forest –...July 6, 2016 - 1:05 am